NC Department of Adult Correction Internship Program
- NC Department of Adult Correction internships offer the opportunity to serve your community while gaining on-the-job, career-advancing experience.
- You will be an integral part of our mission to uphold the law, protect the public, and create a safer North Carolina.
- Internships are offered across the state. Every effort is made to connect our interns to their preferred location and role, based on interest and availability.
Be a part of our team, where we focus on PRIDE: Protection, Respect, Integrity and Innovation, Duty and Diversity, and Excellence. Get hands-on experience in a variety of areas, including:
- Community Supervision (probation/parole officer) (non-paid)
- Behavioral Health Services Psychology Internships (masters level, doctoral level)
- Healthcare (Nursing, Management, Pharmacy)
- S.H.I.E.L.D - Support. Hope. Inclusion. Empowerment. Loyalty. Dedication
- Rehabilitation and Reentry Services (ADA services, Facility Programs, Case Management, Social Work, Volunteer Services)
- Administrative (Legislative Affairs, PREA, Combined Records, Staff Development and Training, Internal Auditing)
- Human Resources
- Strategy, Innovation and Analysis
- Information Technology
- Central and Environmental Engineering
College & High School Student Internship Requirements
College/High School internship cohorts are hosted three times per year (Fall, Spring & Summer). Requirements include:
- High school (sophomore, junior or senior) or an accredited college/university (Associates, Bachelors, Masters) enrollment
- GPA of 2.0 or higher (varies with internship specialty)
- Unofficial transcripts provided
- Legally able to work in U.S
Early Career or Entry Level Internships
Interested in exploring a career in corrections, but lack prior experience or related education? We offer non-student internships that provide valuable on-the-job training and experience in various roles.
Diversity, Recruitment and Internships Consultant
Human Resources, North Carolina Department of Adult Correction
We are committed to an inclusive team
NCDAC values the unique perspectives, persistence, problem solving ability, creativity and adaptability, that our persons with disabilities bring to the agency. We are committed to maintaining and inclusive workforce and welcome persons with disabilities to consider an internship or career with DAC.